Project type: Master’s degree final Project
Made: May – September 2015
Role: Project Lead, Programming, Game design.
Tools used: Unity 5
Vault Bandits it’s a turn-based strategy game that combines stealth and acction in the wild surroundings of the Old West. The player takes charge of a gang made by the three protagonist outlaws, Tala, Francis and Clyde, and he’ll have to use all his astuteness and cunning to get throught the different missions the game offers; With a script inspired in the Tarantino movies, and a visual style based in comics like Bouncer or Lieutenant Blueberry.
I’ve worked on the next areas:
- Design and implementation of the combat and exploration systems:
- Players can move and attack in it’s turn spending action points that refill each new turn, there’re a cover and sight systems too.
- Design and implementation of the skills:
- Each main character (Tala, Francis and Clyde) have their own and unique skills, like lock picking doors, intimidate NPCs or foresee enemy movement, furthermore there’re common skills like steal items from NPCs, take cover, or guard positions. NPCs have their own skills too.
- Design and implementation of the mission goals.
- Implementation of the GUI.