Project Type: PC Game
Made: September 2017 – Today (it’s still in development)
Role: Game programmer
Tools used: Unity 2017, Visual studio.
“A Place for the Unwilling” is a narrative experience set in the last days of a dying city. Explore these twisted streets as you meet their inhabitants and get closer to them. Time never stops and the end keeps getting closer
You can find more info about it in these links:
Website – Discord – Twitter.
Throughout the development of the game I had to work on several roles for the team, these tasks were:Documentation all the project, from game mechanics to player progression and combat systems, and keep this information up to date so the whole team is aware of any changes.
- I had to enter in the project in mid-development and take charge of all the programming, this meant to learn the code and learn how the game was programmed in a few weeks, to start working with the present infrastructure.
- I’m in charge of programming all the game logic, this includes from gameplay mechanics to the logic behind the interfaces and every other think you can possibly imagine.
- Implement most of the art assets and create the scenes in Unity.
- Work with the musician to finish some implementation of FMOD in the game.
- Keep the code commented and maintainable.
- Keep the repository and help other team members when they have to use the project in Unity to implement something.